Sunday 24 June 2012

Most Talked about Couture Designer Mr Martincich Speaks To The Fashion Police


Couture Designer Mr Martincich strikes a pose with his mom queen of his heart

1)Please tell us who you are and what you do for those not familiar with you?
   I'm a South African couture designer living & working in London. I launched my independent label "Albert Martincich London" just under 2 years ago.


2)With so many designers out there what makes you different from the rest?
    I work organically in the same way an artist does. I don't believe in churning out ideas just for the sake of pandering to the pressures of the media.


3)Describe your fashion sense?
   I like to create fashion with a sense of beauty & fantasy, creating characters, looks and moods. I want women to enjoy wearing my clothing & feel that it is    an extension of their personalities. 


4)When not working what do you enjoy doing?
    I love listening to music. At the moment Lana Del Ray is my favorite. I also love art, movies, meeting up with friends & travelling, with New York being
    my no.1 destination.



5)What cologne are you wearing now as we speak?
    Carolina Herrera 212 Men.


6)Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
    I see my designs on all the major international catwalks, in all the major fashion publications, celebrities wearing my creations & running a thriving 
    business.
         


7)If you had the chance to dress 3 people who would it be and why?
   Lady Gaga, because I love her fearless expression of style; Charlize Theron, because she has grace & timeless beauty; Kristen Stewart, because she's
   got such an unusual look & she's so inspiring for such a young actress.



8)Who are your 4 best friends you would ride and die for?
   My partner Simon, who has to put up with me &supports me in everything I do; my mother Martha, who has always been a true inspiration; ex Miss
   Zambia, Rosemary Chileshe-Ellis for her unfaltering support & last but not least my dearest friend Lisa, who has & will always be there for me
.


11)How can someone from the other side of the world view your work and learn more about you?
     They can contact me through my website http://www.albertmartincich.co.uk/



10)What are your 4 fashion tips you live by?
     Keep it simple, but don't be afraid to experiment.
     Don't over accessorize. 
     Choose shapes that suit your body type.
     Always wear a smile. It looks great.



11)What are a few things women do that makes you mad?
     Wearing clothing that is way too small for them.
     Wearing something to make a statement, that doesn't suit them one bit.
     Carrying a big, ostentatious bag that dominates everything else.
     Wearing over the top bling sunglasses that almost cover the face.
     


12)How do you select models to walk in your garments?
     I like girls who express their personalities & attitudes. Each girl is unique & I think that should come through on the catwalk.


13)If you was given 2 tickets to fly any where in the world where would you fly to?
     New York & Cape Town.



14)If you was given 3 tickets to attend any event in the UK which 3 would you attend?
     London Fashion Week, the Baftas & the Brits.


15)What advice do you have for aspiring designers out there?
     Take your studies seriously. They are the foundation for your career, then just go for it & never give up. Don't be afraid of hard work, it's the only way
      to get ahead. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, as experimentation is needed for growth.



16)Which other designers do you look up to in the UK?
     Alexander McQueen, who is sadly not with us anymore; Christopher Kane; Vivienne Westwood & Zandra Rhodes.


17)What are a few things people may have said about you that is not true that you would love to address here?
      I don't like to play my personal life out in public, so I choose not to comment. 


18)What makes a good designer?
      Understanding the female form; experimenting with silhouettes & color; expressing your individuality in your work & to never stop dreaming.


19)What fabric do you love working with most?
     Silk, in every way, shape & form.


20)If we was a fly on your bedroom wall what would we be shock to see?
     You probably wouldn't be shocked, but I have a beautiful Thai Buddha on my dresser & a huge photo of the New York skyline on my wall.

     


21)Do you also design for women with curves?
     I design for all women, so yes, I do.


22)If the Fashion Police was to have dinner at your place what would you prepare?
     Sushi.


23)Any last words for our many blog readers?
     If you like my designs or would like to interview me, please feel free to contact me via my website.



24)What is one thing you can't leave home without?
      My glasses. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion Police News Blog would love to ear from you